I grabbed a Winchester 1873 Rifle project a little bit ago in 38-40. this one was made in 1888.
Rusty, side plates didn’t fit, no links trigger or lever. It has a an octagon barrel that has been shortened and a buttstock that is shorter too. Not much original. I decided to make it a shooter and give it a simple refinish. So I started searching for parts.
Here it is apart after I found some toggle links.
This Saturday I spent my time filing and sanding on my back patio sipping ice tea. This was an extremely rewarding build so far. I just have a smile ear to ear when I take two rough, crusty and rusted parts that are ~130 years old and make them fit together just right. More pics to come. Should have it done in a couple weeks.
Went with some co-workers from work to have some fun shooting full automatic guns. Tone of fun!
The mp5k is just so small and easy to shoot. I would have liked it better with a red dot, but it is still easy to keep most of the shots on target.
I also shot a fairly beat-up m249 and a slightly lose mp5k but both worked flawlessly. Cant say the same for the Saiga 12 🙁 It wouldn’t shoot more than 2 in a row. So I tried my hand with a glock 18c. 🙂 The fully automatic glock machine pistol was pretty crazy. First shot of a burst was on target and all the rest high. Not the must useful gun but fun to shoot.
I realize I haven’t posted anything in a long time. I think I want to start posting something at least once a week. Lets see how that goes!